Sunday, August 24, 2008

Making the most of it


Well, it's Sunday already, three days past the estimated due date, and this little lady is giving no signs that she wants to come out. That's okay though, because I'm still enjoying being pregnant. Yeah, it's annoying to need Chris' help to get up off the couch, and rolling over in bed is no easy feat - but feeling the little baby continue to move inside me is such a blessing.

Chris and I are trying to make the most of our time together (just the two of us) before she arrives. We went on a 'last date for a while' several weeks ago...and still have all this time to ourselves! Yesterday we went to a cute town in New Jersey along the Hudson River and walked around for most of the afternoon. It was nice to be able to talk, enjoy each other's company, and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.

So, we're doing our best to keep ourselves occupied, that way we don't spend all of our time wondering when the baby will arrive.

We have done our fair share of trying to induce labor naturally - but we've decided that my body just isn't ready, so we're not pushing it. This baby will come when God decides its time.

5 comments:

Kayla said...

Hey Michelle~ I am so glad that Amy sent me the link to your blog. I didn't know you were blogging! We've been praying for you and Chris daily and will continue to as things progress. You seem pretty hesitant to be induced. Let me tell you, with Lincoln, I was having a lot of back pain but was fearful of being induced. I was having contraction when I went in to be induced (nothing major), so I was only hooked up to pit for 30 minutes. Then my body kicked in completely on it's own and they took it off my IV. Don't worry. If you have to go that route, God is still in control. He'll honor your prayers and quiet your fears. But, we've got 2 days to hope that doesn't end up even being an issue : )

Jules said...

It sounds like you have a great attitude about the waiting. I felt exactly the same way at the end of my pregnancy with Joel...uncomfortable, but not miserable. I pray that this baby girl arrives on her own soon!

Clint Bourgeois said...

Congrats.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that she is finally here! We cannot wait to meet her, and are so thankful to have her as a part of our family! We love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Praise God! Little girls are the best! (No offense to Mike & Angie - but they definitely are more fun to dress!) Thanks for the email and pictures. I pray blessings of peaceful sleep and wisdom. We can't wait to meet Olivia! Yeah God!!

Praising God with you~
Steffanie