Sunday, August 17, 2008

1 centimeter - but waiting patiently

When I went to the doctor on Friday, she said I have dilated 1 centimeter. While that seems exciting.....I'm still waiting patiently on the other 9! I told Chris, "if getting to one centimeter was this easy, I can only hope that getting through the other nine will be this easy too!"

Still no real contractions, no pains, no hint that a baby will be arriving soon. I think this is the cause of my anxiety lately - that I have no idea when anything will happen. Will my water break first? Will contractions start? When? Where will I be? Will Chris be with me? I just don't know - only God has the answers. So, I'm doing my best to wait patiently.

Chris on the other hand, is waiting not-so-patiently! He's anxious to see how he can help me through labor - already anticipating that he will feel hopeless. So, keep us both in your prayers as we journey into the days ahead.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Michelle, we're definately thinking of you guys all the time, just waiting for the news. Hopefully right now while you're waiting you can just take this time to relax, b/c we all know that life will be very different after that little girl joins you. I'm loving the blog, so that I can keep up with what's going on!! Hope you're feeling better from the cold of whatever you were coming down with :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.